"Carcharoth" <carcharot...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:206791b10908110309j4ef2cca3l777b8fcb5e86c...@mail.gmail.com...
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Jay
> Litwyn<brewh...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:
>> "stevertigo" <stv...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, thought this was going to foundation-l.
>>>
>>> -S

>> Carcharoth answered that question in October or November
>
> <snip>
>
> I'm not entirely sure I did answer that question back then (I can't
> find anything on a brief search). I might have done, so if you point
> me to an e-mail I wrote to this list, I'll accept that. Even if I did,
> no-one should have accepted it at face value, as I was likely just
> giving an uninformed opinion (can you tag mailing list posts with
> "citation needed"?). And any case, what SJ (Samuel Klein) has just
> said is obviously much better informed!

Mis-attributed.
http://www.mail-archive.com/wikien-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg00012.html It
was Anthony. You were only in the message, sorry. I had fully intended to
read source documents to find out if I would get a conclusion,
and...well...even if I understand it, I hate legalese, and making chaos
click less took longer than I thot. In any case, the way I see it, we are
more likely to see donations from grateful dot coms (like *.wikia.com) and
commercial interests who exploit our information -- our unannounced printer
being an example. Those donations would reduce our cravings for donations
from contributors. The DVDs at WalMart (an investment) were solidly a risk,
because you would be depending on people with slow access or no access to
the internet, and that is dwindling, TMK. I would not mind knowing how it
panned out.
_______
http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/