Looks great! I believe there is something similar already in use for
categories? You can click to get all co-ordinate marked articles in a
category showing up on a map. Now I just need to find a category where
that is in use...

Here is an example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Capitals_in_Europe

Appears to be the kml export tool by para?

Seem to be more options at this template:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:GeoGroupTemplate

Carcharoth