Actually our notability guidelines foster bad music articles.

"Songs that have been ranked on national or significant music charts, that
have won significant awards or honors or that have been performed
independently by several notable artists, bands or groups are probably
notable."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability_%28music%29#Albums.2C_singles_and_songs

As a result we get thousands of articles which are basically nothing more
than laundry lists of chart placements and recordings, usually unreferenced
but occasionally with minimal referencing.  A few from 1955 (randomly chosen
year).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_Boom_Boomerang_%28song%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croce_di_Oro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domani
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamboat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fool_for_You
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Get_%28song%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Important_Can_It_Be%3F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Guess_I%27m_Crazy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Just_Found_Out_About_Love
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_You,_Samantha

Systematic cleanup is nearly impossible because my time tends to get eaten
up with the real basics when I do sweeps.  These articles are magnets for
copyright violations, for instance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=In_the_Wee_Small_Hours_of_the_Morning&diff=345538182&oldid=341758494

-Durova

http://durova.blogspot.com/