> I'll add that it doesn't take much to simply create an account and
> create an article that says "I luv Jane Doe she iz so awsumtastic!!"
> While banning anonymous creation in the mainspace had its good
> intentions, it's probably not as useful now as it was intended.

> For instance, just today I speedy deleted a whole group of articles
> about some classmates in a primary school somewhere in the UK. If
> anons were allowed to create mainspace articles, and instead of a
> registered user creating these articles we had an IP, then not only
> would their be more transparency in who is creating them and where
> (as only CheckUser can see underlying IPs from registered accounts),
> but if blocks are needed to prevent disruption, we can make them
> relatively short-term (instead of the common practice of
> indefinitely blocking registered accounts as "vandalism-only").
<snip>

Bad idea. I think we need to have a level above "autoconfirmed", where
people can do things like gain additional rights (rollback, adminship,
the like), and create articles. They need to have enough edits, and
been here long enough so we can pass judgement on whether or not they
are good faith.