On 27 June 2010 06:47, Elias Friedman <elipo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're proposing to overturn the rules against POV forking? Seems like
> a bad idea to me - the encyclopedia would shatter into an unnavigable
> mess if every interest group were to split off their own versions of
> articles.

I think there's a valid issue here, but there's a balance to be struck between:

* X as it occurs in one specific context
* X from the perspective of one viewpoint

So it would be legitimate to have an article on [[Economic
philosophies of the Something Party]] and one on [[Economic
philosophies of the Other Party]]; it would not be legitimate to have
an article on [[Economics (Somethingian)]] as a counter to [[Economics
(Otherian)]].

Where you draw the line, though, is quite tricky...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk