On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:43:03 -0700, Cary Bass wrote:

> On 07/21/2010 12:07 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> > Indeed. The address of the old office was kept quiet for security
> > reasons, but the address of the new office has always been
> > publicly available. To give him the benefit of the tiniest bit of
> > doubt, he might have written it while the WMF was in the old office
> > and just taken a long time to submit it to the court and not
> > thought to check it was still true. There has been a phone number
> > available for years, though.
> Might I also offer that "kept quiet" does not negate "offered up to
> anyone who phoned up and asked for it."  In reality, it was simply not
> publicized; but it was generally fairly easy to get.

Still, making any attempt to be secretive about where the office was
(which even included deleting pictures from Commons that showed what
the building looked like) was a really silly thing for an
organization based around free exchange of information to do, and was
rightly ridiculed by critics such as the WR crowd.

--
== Dan ==