On 29 Aug 2010, at 09:51, David Gerard wrote:

> On 29 August 2010 02:14, Victor Vasiliev <vasi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you now that according to The Independent we have "approved
>> Wikipedia committee members"? The Independent managed to call an IP
>> user so. [1] May anyone contact and correct them?
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/wikipedia-springs-mousetrap-ending-2064958.html
>

> Mike Peel commented and was going to call them today.

I'm really puzzled how they managed to get the description of the Wikimedia
community so wrong, considering that talked to them on the phone about this on
Friday afternoon and thought that I'd explained this to them. A bit of basic
fact-checking should have shown up the non-existance of a "Wikipedia committee"
(and, of course, the existence of the "online encyclopedia that anyone can
edit" bit...).

I've been trying to get in touch with them about this, but haven't managed to
get a response yet (I've left a message on the talk page, emailed them, and
left a voicemail message.)... That's probably not surprising considering that
it's a Sunday.

Mike Peel