I do not think many people are advocating removing information like the plot
of a novel, movie or play.

A vocal minority has successfully argued that information should be removed
from articles indicating that certain parts of the article may contain
information that would spoil one's enjoyment of the novel, movie or play.

Whether a part of an article is a spoiler or not (and it's certainly not a
black & white issue) is an interesting bit of metadata to add. There's a
variety of ways to display this information in an articles -- collapsible
paragraphs, a "spoiler warning" alert, white on white text, etc. Any of
these display methods could have a "enough with the spoiler warnings" or
"don't hide plot points from me anymore" -- that's just a UI point.

Of course, it's a little late for that now. All that information was
removed. Too bad.

Michel Vuijlsteke