In my opinion, from an ethical standpoint, there is minimal or no
difference between editing as "Bod NotBod" and editing as an IP
address.

To answer your second question, unless Bod NotBod is your real name
using your IP address makes it more likely (not less) that your
identity will be traced and discovered. The information the IP address
represents is the network location of your computer.

Third, the WMF will provide your identifying information (such that it
keeps, assuming the data is still retained at the time of the request)

Fourth, it's hard to say without understanding more exactly what kind
of threat you are under. Probably I'd do it myself anyway, but that's
a purely personal decision. Failing that, you could provide the
referencing information to someone else and have them do it (if you'd
prefer this method, send me the information and I'll do it myself).

Hope that helps.

Nathan