If ArbCom would be damaged by people opening [[WP:DICK]] labeling cases, it
certainly wouldn't be helped by people opening facepalming cases.

Be it namecalling or implication of rude gestures, these are both civil
issues and both need attention.

At the same time, I feel the {{facepalm}} template can be (as I often see)
used effectively without directing it at another individual, usually as in
"oh I can't believe I just said/did that".

And re: the Star Trek stuff, I think the most credit we can give Star Trek
(if even this) is coining the phrase (if they in fact did). It's found
throughout common American culture predating Star Trek.

Bob

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Scott MacDonald <doc.wikipe...@ntlworld.com