2012/1/20 Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
> <amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
>> The biggest difference was in the editorial process - deciding on the
>> scope of the article, finding reviewers, proofreading, communicating
>> with other writers etc. Since it's not over yet, i cannot write more
>> about it, but the comparison between that and writing for Wikipedia
>> would be hugely interesting.
>
> I appreciate you can't say more right now, but can you say whether
> "deciding on the scope of the article, finding reviewers,
> proofreading, communicating with other writers" is referring to the
> process on Wikipedia or the process for the encyclopedia you are
> writing for? In my view, that process you describe is how writing on
> Wikipedia *should* work. Whether it does in practice or not is another
> matter.

It referes to both. These things are done both in Wikipedia and in the
paper encyclopedia for which i wrote, but they are done entirely
differently. Possibly they are so different that you would even say
that on Wikipedia you can't use these words to describe them.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬