On 2.3 March 2012 18:45, Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> No, I'm not asking why those with Who's Who entries that lack
> Wikipedia articles lack Wikipedia articles. I'm asking why those who
> chose to opt out of Who's Who (by not sending in an entry) are not
> allowed to opt out of Wikipedia. Sometimes the reasons for not wanting
> to be publicly listed in a publication like Who's Who are the same as
> for not wanting to be listed in Wikipedia.

Because Who's Who is requested self-written entries, and the people it
covers are a large part of its market. Wikipedia is third-party
coverage for the benefit of third-party readers. That is, they're a
completely different species of thing. It's not clear to me how your
comparison of the two actually makes sense.

- d.