I should add that on re-reading, I see the irony in suggesting working
"with the article subject" when that person is someone who has just
taken over a country. Handling stuff like that is more difficult, I
admit. And some people are famous enough that the question of working
'with them' is silly (US President, the Pope, stuff like that).

The famous people have lots of other stuff out there about them, so
are not that worried about their Wikipedia article. The borderline
notable people, though, have their Wikipedia article as they number
one resource about them on the internet. That is the problem in a
nutshell - which comes back again to running ahead of the sources. If
there is not one single source out there of comparable length and
type, then Wikipedia is 'getting there first' (by aggregating separate
sources to create the next level up) and that is nearly always a bad
thing.

Carcharoth