"Wikipedia Co-Founder Larry Sanger has launched a campaign against the
online encyclopedia for content filters to be put in place."

Part of being a reference work. There are aspects of reality that are
offensive or disturbing. I think we've made considerable progress on this
matter in terms of removing or offering tools to prevent surprising
people with gratuitous salacious material, but a refractory remnant of
simple fact will always remain a part of Wikipedia. Some of it very
important information even for children.

Fred