> I think you are all dancing around the real subject.
> Is wikipedia meant to help people have access to
> knowledge, to apportion access to knowledge, or
> to be a gate-keeper on which knowledge and at
> which rates do people have access to it?

Wikipedia is a summary of generally accepted knowledge. We aspire to make
that summary conveniently available on a global basis. The gatekeepers
are those who edit media considered reliable. In these cases, at one
time, information was published but is no longer considered of interest,
although books may yet be written which explore issues such as Wikipedia
forks.

Access to knowledge, in itself, is not something within our mission. Not
that a project well founded on appropriate philosophical and scientific
principles would not be worthwhile.

Fred