Awhile back I found an interesting lecture by Luca de Alfaro on YouTube called How (Much) To Trust Wikipedia. It deals with methods of figuring out whether to trust information within an article.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mB4soRlR8

Another interesting work is "How Wikipedia Works"-- a book by Wikipedia editors Phoebe, Charles Matthews, and the late Tlogmer. It has several exciting stories, such as the one about a stub created by Jimbo that was deleted within minutes.

Bob