Wikipedia Asian Month On-site Event: Bangalore (Nov 27)
Dear all,

As you know the Wikipedia Asian Month [1] is going on this month. Besides the
online event, a one-day offline edit-a-thons will be conducted in Bangalore,
Karnataka on 27 November 2016 with the support of The Centre for Internet and
Society (CIS) A2K team.

In this event we'll also support the Women in Red initiative [2], as we
strongly encourage participants to write articles that match both Wikipedia
Asian Month and gender-gap-bridging themes. This event is open to all
Wikipedians of all skill levels, language areas, and genders. New editors are
especially welcomed.

Event URL:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month/Onsite_edit-a-thon/Bangalore

Venue: Centre for Internet and Society, #194, 2nd 'C' Cross, Domlur 2nd Stage,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560071

  *   Google map location:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/The+Centre+for+Internet+%26+Society/@12.9646863,77.6374627,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x88cd9bce9a1aa4d8!8m2!3d12.9646863!4d77.6374627

If you are interested to join please add your name as a participant
here<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month/Onsite_edit-a-thon/Bangalore#Participants>.

Alternatively you may also contact Ting-Yi Chang
(tin...@cis-india.org<mailto:tin...@cis-india.org>) for Gender Gap issues and
co-ordination and Tito Dutta (t...@cis-india.org) for Asian Month edit-a-thon
related queries.

Thank you very much

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month

[2]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Asian_Month/2016_WiR

Ting-Yi Chang

Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore