Dear Wikimedians,

Greetings from CIS-A2K!

We are glad to inform that CIS-A2K has published our newsletter for the months
of June and July 2017.

In June, we held our first regional Wikidata Workshop, “Wikidata Workshop:
South India”, wherein existing Wikimedians from the five Southern states were
given an introduction to Wikidata. CIS-A2K has also been working with the
Annamayya Library in Guntur and in doing so, Tallapaka Pada Sahityam, a
compilation of over fourteen thousand Telugu compositions is now being made
available on Wikisource. In addition to supporting the Odia Wikipedians' Asian
Athletics Championship Edit-a-thon, we also helped conduct a local diversity
themed edit-a-thon in Satara, Maharashtra.

In July, an introductory Telugu Wikisource Workshop was held in Hyderabad in
conjunction with NTR Trust. A Wikipedia orientation workshop was held for the
students of V.P. Institute of Management Studies and Research, Sangli,
Maharashtra who showed great interest in inculcating Wikipedia based
assignments into their academic curriculum. In addition to facilitating the
Punjabi Wikimedians' Wikimedia Strategy Meeting, CIS-A2K also hosted a template
workshop for Kannada Wikimedians in Bengaluru.

Please read the complete newsletter here:

[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Reports/Newsletter/June_2017 |
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Reports/Newsletter/June_2017 ]

[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Reports/Newsletter/May_2017 |
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Reports/Newsletter/July_2017 ]

All previous newsletters of CIS-A2K may be read here:

[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Reports/Newsletterds |
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Reports/Newsletters ]

Warmest regards,

CIS-A2K