I think it is indeed a good idea to try and draft such description! Not that we always *have* to use that, but because it can work as a fallback option if we quickly need something that has to be proper.
I would like to keep it short and simple: Wiki Loves Monuments is a cultural heritage photography contest organized in September. People can upload national monuments in participating countries during the month under a free license for usage on Wikipedia. The best photos will be rewarded by a jury with a prize. The contest is to be organized in more than 15 countries throughout Europe in 2011. Please add/change/remove at will, Lodewijk Am 5. Juni 2011 19:06:48 UTC+2 schrieb Maarten Dammers <[email protected]> : > Hi Lantuszka, > > I'm including the Wiki Loves Monuments list because I think this is a > broader problem we need to address. > > Op 20-5-2011 2:18, Lantuszka . schreef: > > Hi Maarten, > > Lantuszka (Julia) of polish WLM here. Following things to-do from Berlin > meeting i was to contact several bodies as YfJ, UNESCO, religious > communities etc. I was wondering which description of the project you're > using when contacting such bodies. The one from commons? or some other? i > thought it would be good to use same one and just as intro words i'd add > some address words to personal contacts of mine giving them some context > info and also about my role in this project (they know me from non-wiki > projects) and some more targeted description but i thought it would be good > to attach the official description. so shall i use the one from commons > project site, or which one? there was the one that we had prepared to be > published at wikilovesmonuments.eu site but it's not yet there and so i'm > not perfectly sure if it was not accepted or simply not published yet..? > > I don't think we have a good description of the project at > https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011. > We should put a description of the project at that page which we can > reuse. Who wants to help? > > Maarten > > _______________________________________________ > Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments > http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu >
_______________________________________________ Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
