Kilian,

*****"dot matrix printed lists from the 1980s"*****
I am impressed! This sounds like a perfect opportunity for some
crowd-sourced lists on Wikipedia. It would be awesome to start a WikiProject
specifically to do just this one set of lists in this one section of the
country, and then maybe others will follow...

It could give a whole new meaning to Germany's nomination of "Wikipedia for
World Heritage"!
Jane

2011/8/1 Kilian Kluge <[email protected]>

> Hi Maarten,
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Maarten Dammers <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Awesome events! I love to see a blogpost about this. I will try to add the
>> Hesse lists this week. How are the lists coming along in other parts of
>> Germany?
>>
>
> I'm not sure, but there's a slow but steady progress. I'll try to get an
> overview until mid August, but I fear that there are many blank spots left.
> Hesse is as complete as it gets, for many areas not even the administration
> itself has usable lists (I visited them and they showed me some dot matrix
> printed lists from the 1980s that even they can't use as a tool to figure
> out which building is a monument).
>
> While we have little problems converting pdfs and excel sheets we get,
> collecting the data in the first place is our biggest issue. Many
> organizations are hesitant to release their digital lists (even though it's
> publicized already) and we just don't have the capacities to talk to all of
> them personally.
>
> I'll keep you updated.
>
> Kilian
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
> http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
>
_______________________________________________
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu

Reply via email to