Hi Monica,

you're very welcome to! (I hereby publish the text as CC-BY-SA, forgot to
mention that ;) ) Could you send me a link after you published the article?

Also, if you have additional questions, I'd be happy to pass them to Daniel.

Kilian

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> **
> Kilian,
>
> That's wonderful. Could I use parts of this info for an article on the
> Commission's culture portal?
>
> Monica
>
>  ------------------------------
> *From:* [email protected] [mailto:
> [email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Jane
> Darnell
> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:43 PM
> *To:* [email protected]; Wiki Loves Monuments Photograph Competition
> *Subject:* Re: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Interview with new contributor
>
> Kilian,
> That story is totally awesome! Congratulations to all of you working in
> Germany on this success, and of course a big welcome to Daniel (or Hippie
> Bug or whatever he wants to be called)!
> Jane
>
> 2011/9/6 Kilian Kluge <[email protected]>
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I interviewed one of the new contributors for wlm.eu. Since it will take
>> some time untils it's published, Lodewijk suggested I send it to the list as
>> well.
>>
>> Kilian
>>
>> ---
>>
>>  It's been almost a week since Wiki Loves Monuments started and we're
>> about to reach 17,000 uploads. Germany, the first country with more than
>> 2,000 submitted pictures, is now keeping a steady second place behind
>> France. Among the most active uploaders is a user called Hippie Bug93 (
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Hippie_Bug93) who
>> despite being new to the Wikimedia projects has already contributed almost
>> 130 pictures.
>>
>> Hippie Bug93, in the real world a 17-year-old named Daniel, became aware
>> of the contest through local press coverage and his hometown's Facebook
>> account. In a partnership with Wikimedia Germany, Bergheim, a small city
>> near Cologne, calls upon its citizens (link those four words to the "old"
>> article about Bergheim) to photograph the monuments in their neighbourhood
>> and upload them to Wikimedia Commons.
>>
>> As a member of the local heritage club, Daniel has been interested in the
>> region's history and old buildings for a long time. "I had thought about
>> contributing to Wikipedia before," he explains, "but I never actually did."
>> For the contest, Daniel is taking his hometown village by village, with the
>> printed lists from Wikipedia as a guide.
>>
>> With the first pictures uploaded, Daniel started to add them to the lists
>> on Wikipedia as well. "It took some time to figure out the editing," Daniel
>> says. He has already set up his User page and started to edit regular
>> articles as well. So asked for his future plans, he states: "If I see the
>> opportunity to contribute to Wikipedia after Wiki Loves Monuments has ended,
>> I will certainly do so."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
>> http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu

Reply via email to