Mohammad,

Thanks for doing all this. The story of the people behind Wiki Loves
Monuments (both the local organizers and participants) is a very much
untold story, at least at the international level.

Just so others are aware of it as well: In the international team, we have
discussed with Mohammad to turn some of these stories to blog posts for the
WLM blog. They are too good to be told only on a couple of platforms and
we'd love to see more eyes on them, for people to learn more about Wiki
Loves Monuments and the humans that make it happen. :)

Lily

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 3:57 AM, Suyash Dwivedi <suyash.dwiv...@wikimedia.in
> wrote:

> Thanks for Information we will do that
> Thanks
> Suyash Dwivedi
>
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Mohammad Hekmat <m.hek...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The international team is running a campaign on WLM Instagram and
>> Facebook accounts called "Monumental Stories." This campaign is an effort
>> to highlight winning photos at national level that didn't make it to the
>> top 25 of the international competition.
>>
>> We have reached out to a number of our national winners and asked them to
>> share with us a story about their photo. The stories we've posted so far
>> are very diverse, some are very personal and  touching, some are quite
>> informative. You can check out some of them on our Instagram and Facebook
>> accounts:
>> https://www.instagram.com/wikilovesmonuments/
>> https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesMonuments/
>>
>> So far 11 countries have been featured with 6 more ready to be posted but
>> of course we'd like to highlight photos from all participating countries in
>> 2017 or past years and we also welcome more stories from the ones already
>> featured. The main difficulty so far has been the language barrier. We are
>> looking for help from local teams in collecting these stories in local
>> language and then translating them to English for us. If you would like
>> your country to be featured in this campaign and can help please contact me
>> and I will send you more details on what exactly we need.
>>
>> Also any help in advertising for this campaign is appreciated. If you
>> have Instagram/Facebook accounts you can share or re-post our stories or
>> you can encourage your followers in Twitter to check out our stories.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mohammad

>  Virus-free.
> <#m_-8537350837534506064_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

User: LilyOfTheWest