In case you cannot go, you can cancel your registration before Sunday 20th May 2007. You will get your money back. But drawbacks of this are: #You get your money partially back. (I hope partial is not like something 20% :( ) # You get your money back after wikimania. (...Why?..)
So, I registered and in case I need to cancel, partial loss of around 100$ is not so big deal. If many many people are waiting the scholarship announcements, then it means we should call Houston and report it. :P I assume committee can check the number of people, who applied for scholarship but haven't registered yet. So they can roughly know how many additional registration will occur depending on number of approvals. Dbl2010 On 4/11/07, Guillaume Paumier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > On 4/11/07, phoebe ayers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > This is reminder to register for Wikimania if you are going -- prices > > go up this Friday, and it is *very* helpful to the planning team to > > have a head count early on, so they know how many beds to reserve. > > Help make this a successful conference -- register today! > > Yes, but granted scholarships will not be announced before April 22, so that > delays many registrations, I guess (for instance, mine). > > -- > Guillaume Paumier > [[m:User:guillom]] > "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have > imagined." Henry David Thoreau > _______________________________________________ > Wikimania-l mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l > > _______________________________________________ Wikimania-l mailing list [email protected] http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
