On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Béria Lima <berial...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is not for "no reason", they just think all of us are looking forward for
> the possibility of live in the "dream land" that is America, and can't
> believe we would come back after be there[1].
This is not as exaggerated as it may sound. When someone applies for a
nonimmigrant visa or visa-free entry, the consular or immigration
officer is required by law to assume immigrant intent (i.e. assume
they intend to stay forever; the opposite of assume good faith I guess
:D) unless the applicant can convince them otherwise by showing
binding ties (job, education, house, family, those kind of things,
reasons why you'd come back) to their home country.

Roan