2011/8/24 Peter Meyer <pbmeyer22...@yahoo.com>
> Regarding [[The Three Weeks]] and the Orthodox fasting period below I'm not
> getting
> a sense that there is a specific benefit from avoiding an overlap, or what
> actions the
> conference organizers should take if an overlap is going to happen.

As the Haifa conference proved, if is not very important to avoid
[[The Three Weeks]] entirely. However, practicing Orthodox Jews would
appreciate if it wouldn't fall on [[Tisha B'Av]], the last day of The
Three Weeks.

(Orthodox Jews would also appreciate if it wouldn't be on Saturday,
but everybody understands that it's not practical.)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬