On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Andrew Lih <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM, James Hare <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Indeed. I have been without power for 23 hours now.
>>
>>
> And off-the-grid Wikimania... now there's an intriguing concept. :)
>

Still can't buy gasoline or groceries or use my mobile phone, but got power
back :) and expect things back to normal soon.

In the decades I've lived in DC with all our snowmaggedons and hurricanes,
I've never seen anything so bizarre here with such widespread effects.
 It's anything but normal.

For folks coming here, good idea to bring light clothing, drink plenty of
water, enjoy the air conditioning in the venue, museums, etc. and if there
are thunderstorms, obviously, don't be outside.

Cheers,
Katie



>
> -Andrew
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>
>


-- 
Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia
http://wikimediadc.org
@wikimediadc / @wikimania2012
_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Reply via email to