Of course, you can always do it the old-fashioned way: pre-pay a travel
pack from your own service provider (either before or after leaving home),
pay a little bit more, but have your smartphone working the whole time
without having to give out a new number, be able to get right down to
enjoying Wikimania without trying to find the shops and investing precious
time on a transaction, worrying about whether you'll have problems, etc.

I'm a simple person. My plan is already on my phone.

Risker/Anne