> video recording is a real cost driver - you need expensive equipment (as
> of 1.000 USD / day) and a lot of staff if you want to make it
> professionally.

How good is the idea, that instead of hiring these tools year after year,
the WMF/Wikimania grabs a set of, say 10 portable, yet good video cameras,
and reuse them from Wikimania's to Wikimania?

Unless Wikimania is coming to an end in a couple of years time, I see
grabbing such gadgets (if not already available) and making use of them
from time to time a valid and profitable long-term investment.

Talk of volunteers? I think when a call is put up for volunteer cameramen,
we can get them to before every wikimania.

Victor brought a great video camera (property of wmf) last year to
wikimania. I enjoyed using it, and if there're enough for each session,
getting cameramen shouldn't be an issue.

The wikimedia community is big, thus aside maybe needing the
expert/professional services of  production houses to handle live streaming
or sort, recording a session (a point and shoot thing), I don't think any
rocket science might be needed of which we can find volunteers among us to
do that.

--
+Rexford <http://google.com/+Nkansahrexford> | khophi.co
<http://khophi.co/about>