We talked about this in the LGBT meetup in Wikimania several times. As far
as I remember it is a huge concern for coordinators and Wikimania committee
when considering a bid for Wikimania. IIRC, there are several examples that
situation of LGBT laws was a reason to reject a bid.

So I assure you Wikimania committee is aware of these issues and keeps this
in their mind when deciding on bids. (I must note I'm not in these
committees. I talked about it with them before as a member of Wikimedia
LGBT)

I'm really saddened by the stupid laws made by ignorance of people. Let's
laugh at it and then educate them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIvCh3EQv1Q :)

Best