---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Megan Wacha <me...@wikimedianyc.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Subject: [Wikimedia NYC] January 14th: Wikipedia Day 2018
To: wikimedia_...@lists.wikimedia.org

Dear Wiki-Yorkers,

You are invited to attend Wikipedia Day 2018 on Sunday, January 14th at the
Ace Hotel in midtown Manhattan!

Part of Wikipedia's global 17th birthday celebration, Wikipedia Day will
include a mini-conference of scheduled panels as well as unconference style
talks and discussions proposed by attendees on the day of the event. And it
wouldn't be a birthday without cake, so we'll have plenty of that too.

This event is free of cost and open to all. We encourage you to invite
anyone who might be interested in discussing Wikipedia and Wikimedia
projects, but all attendees must agree to follow our friendly space
policies: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Friendly_space_policies

To register, please sign-up at http://www.acehotel.com/calend
ar/newyork/wikipedia-day-2018. See this year's schedule and sign your wiki
account name on the wiki event page at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Wikipedia_Day_2018.

We especially encourage folks to add your 5-minute lightning talks to our
roster, and otherwise join in the open space experience. We look forward to
seeing you soon!

Megs
--
President, Wikimedia New York City