I expect a demo wiki should have Semantic extensions too - as used on Familypedia (whence you may copy the templates if the demo is on CC-BY-SA).

Robin F. Patterson, Plimmerton, Porirua City, New Zealand

http://familypedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Robin_Patterson

----- Original Message ----- From: <wikimedia-genealogy-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org>
To: <wikimedia-genealogy@lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:00 AM
Subject: Wikimedia-genealogy Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2

than "Re: Contents of Wikimedia-genealogy digest..."

Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Wikimedia-genealogy Digest, Vol 4, Issue 1 (Irving M. Baxter)

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:26:29 -0400
From: "Irving M. Baxter" <imackbax...@gmail.com>
To: "wikimedia-genealogy@lists.wikimedia.org"
<wikimedia-genealogy@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-genealogy] Wikimedia-genealogy Digest, Vol 4,
Issue 1

I think YES, we should set up a demo wiki

Mack Baxter--  Let me know how I can help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
I think YES, we should set up a demo wiki

dan

Hi all,

Should we set up a demonstration wiki?

I'm thinking it might be good to have a wiki to experiment with different
things, such as software requirements. I have been tinkering on a Genealogy
extension, — it's super-basic and doesn't do much. (That's by design,
really,
because I didn't want to build features such as citation management or
image
handling that are not specific to genealogy.

It's probably not a place to put permanent information (although it could
be
that too), but we could install MediaWiki at
https://tools.wmflabs.org/genealogy/wiki and start experimenting with
things
there. Does that sound like a worthwhile thing?

My current aim is to get the Genealogy extension to support Wikidata. It'd
be
good to have a place to demonstrate and figure out how this could work.

Thanks,
Sam.

Kontor/Office: Ljusterö Information
Box 75, 184 03 Ljusterö
Telefon: 11.00-17.00: 08-542 424 01
Dan Koehl, Kårbodavägen 39, 184 97 Ljusterö, Sweden.
Mobil telefon 1 (Comviq): 0767 15 45 70
Mobil telefon 2 (Telia): 0739 17 17 89
Skype: DanKoehl ICQ: 40467 87
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...