From: Sandister Tei <sandister...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 5:13 PM
Subject: Happy new year / important updates
To: Planning Wikimedia Ghana Chapter <wikimedia-gh@lists.wikimedia.org>

*2016 end of year awards for outstanding members*

Please check this page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana_User_Group_/_2016_Events_%26_Projects>
and leave your nominations there. See the *End of the year award* section.

*– What do you want the user group to focus on in 2017?*

For example in 2016 the focus was on Wikipedia. You can also use this
opportunity to capture your needs as a member by requesting the group to
focus on things that'll meet your needs.

Share them here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvEthEYMzWerecMxMHAS_4cFavM3GFY8iVsxDaN_oA41j4tQ/viewform>
.

*– Confirm your 2017 membership*

It's usually a practice to have a public list of user group members. Since
2012, people have joined the group but we have never heard of them during
events, elections etc.

Please put your name on the 2017 list here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana_User_Group#Members_.E2.80.93_2017>
if you still are with us and wish to declare it. Just add your username is
ok (privacy issues). In case anyone especially from the global community
(or anyone) wants to contact you (in the capacity of a Wikimedia Ghana User
Group member), they can easily find your user talk page via this list.

Regards,
--
Sandister Tei
Video Journalist | Head of Social Media – Citi FM | Rep – Wikipedian

*Letters to Marissa <https://medium.com/letters-to-marissa> | Wikipedian
Community (Gh) <http://www.wmgh.org/> | Purple People
<https://www.facebook.com/thatpurplelife/>*