From: Felix Nartey
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:47 PM
To: abdulai Mohammed Sadat
Cc: Planning Wikimedia Chapter; Sandister Tei
Subject: Re: Wikimedia Ghana Usergroup at AODC conference

Hi all,

This is a great initiative and I support your current proposal.

I am happy to assist in whichever way I can.

Cheers,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM, <mass...@ymail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Wikimedia Ghana Usergroup has an opportunity to participate at this years
Africa Open Data Conference[1] which will take place in Accra between 17 and 22
July next month. As many are aware, the  mission of the Africa Open Data
Collaborative closely parallels that of Wikimedia, and of Wikidata to be
particular. As a result running a session about Wikidata would fit perfectly
with the subject of the conference.

Two slots are available, on July 17 and the weekend before (we can use one or
both). I’m inclined toward using the weekend to run a session on
1. Introduction to Wikidata,
2. Editing on Wikidata (hands-on)

And the 17th for either
3. Querying Wikidata via SPARQL or
4. Communal hacking for a proposed theme, likely Q3761

On top of that, we can set up a booth to educate people about Wikip[m]edia in
general.

I’m happy to hear what the community thinks and from anyone who would like to
volunteer in anyway to put this together.

Regards

-Masssly

[1] http://africaopendata.net/
[2] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3761