Hoi,
It is interesting that people consider the potential negative aspects and
forgets about the positive.

For me the big thing is that translatable info boxes is a perfect method of
populating relevant information in stub articles. This is of particular
relevance to the smaller Wikipedias, the projects where people are actively
building something up. I noticed on the Zulu Wikipedia that they are
working hard on doing something like this. Being able to translate the
labels, some words relating to the content.

There is also the notion of NPOV. Yes, sometimes people will fight over the
numbers but this will benefit the whole of Wikipedia.
Thanks,
     Gerard

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2012/04/wikidata-and-what-it-can-do-for.html