Exactly, I was referring to formal complaints which probably have the
intention to reaching out to the board.

In any case, I think it would be very helpful if the information Thomas has
provided could be summarized in a short report on meta so that it is also a
template for the future. Perhaps some of the numbers can even be made more
precise (number wizards probably can extract the number of emails more
easily etc - although I realize now that most likely your mailing list has
no archive :) ).

The process I referred to is everything that happens between the receipt of
a complaint about privacy violation and the final action decision taken by
the committee. I.e. "1. Confirm receipt of the complaint. 2. Register
complaint for tracking purposes. 3. Decide if the complaint falls within
scope of the committee..." etc.  That would complainors give an idea what
is going to happen with their complaint and what they can expect. Currently
the description is quite vague on meta :)

Thanks for all the answers so far!

Lodewijk