On 25 Apr 2012, at 19:29, emijrp wrote:

> 2012/4/25 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>
>
>> Thanks for sharing, I had read about it on the NYT but nothing was said on
>> license.
>> So now the USA have more open bibliographic data than Germany/Europe? :)
>> lobid.org is a very nice initiative, but other catalog systems have very
>> complex interactions between hundreds or thousands of entities and it's
>> very hard to change the licenses.
>> The main problem is usually deduplication and quality of the records, any
>> information on this for Harvard's data?
>>
>> Mateus Nobre, 25/04/2012 19:44:
>>
>>> Add ALL at Wikisource!
>>>

>> Wikisource? This is only metadata.
>>

> Perhaps it is OK for Wikidata.

A mass dump of all of the information onto Wikisource wouldn't be good - but
being able to extract complete bibliographies of specific authors on demand
would actually be quite useful for properly building author pages on
Wikisource, rather than the current ad-hoc and incomplete lists that currently
exist. (With the consequence that bibliographies on Wikipedia could be
'outsourced' to Wikisource, bringing that project much-needed readers and
editors).

Thanks,
Mike