On 1 May 2012 15:00, Sue Gardner <sgard...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I had a 90-second conversation the other day with SJ about whether it
> would make sense for us to use volunteer "clerks" as support for the
> FDC (Funds Dissemination Committee), and I'm wondering if anyone can
> point me towards any documentation of the role -- a description of how
> it's typically used, either inside Wikimedia or outside. I have the
> gist, but am curious to learn more, if anyone's got links they could
> point me towards.

I'd suggest that before giving any thought to whether or not the FDC
process would benefit from clerking, it would be better to determine what
that process actually is, and whether or not the members of the FDC think
that clerking would be useful.  In other words, this decision is at least a
few months down the pike.

Risker/Anne