On 1 May 2012 15:32, Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Tom Morris <t...@tommorris.org> wrote:
>
> > On the IRC front, I note that Sue last had an IRC office hours session on
> > 13 March and there doesn't seem to be any scheduled sessions with Sue in
> > May. Might it be an idea to have another office hours session with Sue
> soon?
>

> I've currently got a suggestion in for Sue to have an office hours on 5/11,
> we're just in the midst of scheduling. :)

Have to say that the last several office hours (of varying nature) have all
been during "business/school hours" in the Americas - and in some cases for
(western) Europe/Africa as well - and the ones on the current schedule are
all pretty much in the middle of business hours for these regions.  When so
many office hours are occurring within the same narrow time window, it
really limits the potential participation group to the same people all the
time, and risks becoming a walled garden.  Please consider a more diverse
window for office hours in the future. And no, I don't expect that every
office hour be during a time that I'm available, but there's only been one
(out of fifteen) that occurred during the period where Wikimedians are most
active.

Risker/Anne