On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 03:46:20PM -0700, James Alexander wrote:
> It does, at least at some level, seem to be an argument (usually from
> different people) every Wikimania. There just isn't a way to have it in a
> place that everyone is happy with (especially if you want to rotate around
> the world. I'd also point remind people that among all of the places
> Wikimania has been it's also been in Taiwan in 07. It has seemed to be much
> better to do the selection non-politically (while not being shy about who
> we are and what we believe).

Right. My concern about Israel was that almost no one from the surrounding area
would be
able to visit.  (This turned out to be accurate, but it was too late to fix).

Will many people from surrounding countries be able to visit .hk without
problems? If so,
that should be ok then.

That and I'm looking forward to visiting a place with sane border customs
practices for a
change ;-)

sincerely,
        kim Bruning