So, I often find myself doing outreach related to enwiki before large
groups, and while I have no interest in becoming a sysop, could really use
the Account Creator permission.  Is there really no page to publicly
request this?  The instructions cited below, taken from here[1], suggest
so, but that just feels broken.  I don't like the idea of privately
reaching out to some admin for this permission.

:-/

   Asaf

[1]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mass_account_creation#Becoming_an_.22account_creator.22

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemow...@gmail.com>wrote:

> K. Peachey, 17/05/2012 05:38:
>
>  On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM, MZMcBride<z...@mzmcbride.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Before this guide gets distributed too widely, I'd think about its
>>> scalability. Shell requests can take weeks, months, or even years to get
>>> resolved, even when filed properly.
>>>

>> Anyone in the world of tomorrow! can do shell requests (Git), Then we
>> just need to bug people to get it merged (eg: Reedy/Roan/others etc
>> etc).
>>
>> That will cut down a lot of time.
>>

> Not really, the associated bugzilla paperwork or IRC begging is still
> needed.
>
> Nemo

    Asaf Bartov