2012/5/29 Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com>:
> Thoughts? Do people from non-English outreach programs to academics have
> any similar experiences?

Depends on the particular project and the people involved.

In a project about Tort law we got several dozens of Hebrew articles
about the subject and they were long, detailed, very well-referenced -
and barely readable because of the legalese. Which is a shame, because
this topic is quite useful for the general public.

In another project about political economy, we got articles about
potentially hard-to-understand things like Monetary union and Trade
tariffs. They were of comparable quality with regards to referencing
and comprehensiveness, but they were very readable, too (at least to
me, and I'm not an economist). The lecturer with whom we worked on
this project understood that Wikipedia is supposed to be accessible
and demanded this in the assignment description.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬