On Jun 2, 2012, at 6:13, Anthony <wikim...@inbox.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't they sometimes contain MAC address information?
>>
>> I don't know, but I wouldn't consider my MAC address to be personal
>> information... you might be able to work out what brand of computer
>> I'm using, but I can live with that.
>
> I'm not sure what you're defining personal information as, then.
>
> Is your vehicle's VIN personal information?

It becomes a global unique publicly visible identifier if you always use the
same connect method (wireless, ethernet) and don't enable privacy extensions.

In WMF relevant senses, unaware abusers with multiple ISPs become easier to
find.  And privacy is different, because many end users are IDed that way.  But
the implications of that are unclear.  Someone being outed to an employer or
government by MAC?  ...

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone