On 07/24/12 4:32 PM, Juergen Fenn wrote:
FYI: Spanish Wikinews today bears a site notice in protest against the
Mexican government signing the ACTA agreement. It says: The internet
must remain free. The Freedom of the internet is in peril."

The Spanish Wikinews community has issued a press release on the matter:

https://es.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinoticias:Comunicado_de_prensa_acerca_de_la_firma_de_ACTA_en_México

I think we should express our solidarity with Spanish Wikinews editors.

The signing of ACTA is seen as a precondition for Mexico's participation in the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership). This was despite warnings from the Mexican Senate that it should be studied before being signed. The Senate still has to ratify it before it is passed, and that is probably where the Mexican battle needs to be waged.

Ray