Thomas Morton, 25/07/2012 22:04:
We also need to be understanding of the "99%" - the ones who just want to
read.

Our interface should suit the reader - with a prominent prompt to edit.
Which once clicked opens things up into the world of editing Wikipedia.

But if you don't click that prompt then you don't get useless fluff to
distract you.

What exactly is the fluff?
Even the most hidden toolbox links are crucial for reading articles and understanding them, for instance WhatLinksHere. I'm more interested in things which try to get some of that "clutter" to be understood by and useful for readers, like the "last modified" experiment to increase history browsing (despite all the problems, of course).

Nemo