Hi,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Peter Coombe
<thewub.w...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> We may not be able to get photos of the glamorous sporting events to
> illustrate our articles, but there are plenty of associated events
> that ought to be documented which the IOC can't prevent you from
> photographing and freely licensing: transport gridlock, surface-to-air
> missiles on rooftops, soldiers drafted in to cover security etc etc.

Well, you may not run into trouble *with the IOC* for taking pictures
of all the security, but you may very well get into trouble with the
police / army / private security, and I'm not sure that's preferable
:)

(speaking as someone who once covered a G8 summit where security was,
well, what you'd expect around a meeting between heads of state and
their delegations).

--
Guillaume Paumier