John, when those meetings happened, what they said was "we want to meet
people from Brasil" and when asked who they wanted to meet, the answer was
"anyone, doesn't matter how long you contribute or how much, we only want
to talk with the Brazilian community",so no, none of those meetings were
calls for top editors. They were called "meetups", they were  advertised
that way, and they were treated that way.

And I can aso say no WMF people contact any Portuguese editor in regarding
to that (let's not say they travel there, but Skype and e-mail also exist,
and weren't used)
_____
*Béria Lima*

*Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*