Fae,

Looking through the various wiki pages, I came across this resolution from
the council meeting in July:

"The council resolves to empower the Chair to appoint an election committee
to find an SG and DSG. The following timeframe should be followed: present
a draft job description to the council by 31 July 2012 for approval. Become
a legally incorporated organization by 15 August 2012. Execute a public
call and recruitment process for candidates by 31 August 2012. Prepare an
election process and present candidates for the SG and DSG by 30 September
2012. Note, time frames are subject to negotiation based on feedback from
professionals"

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Election_committee#Resolution

This sets out that the organisation would incorporate first and then
recruit the SG, which appears to be a more logical sequence of events.
However, I notice that the incorporation step is not part of the process
that the interim consultant will help with.

Could you expand on the rationale for this please?

Thanks

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Alice Wiegand <awieg...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> Hi Fae,
>
> thank you for moving this to meta. I'm very glad to see the WCA coming
> from wherever back to the broader community, open for input and
> discussion.
>
> Alice.
>

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Fae <f...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created <
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Resolutions/2012_SG_recruitment
> >
> > for a resolution of the WCA Council Members to support a resourced plan
> > recruit the WCA Secretary General.
> >
> > Should you have questions, please raise them on <
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Resolutions/2012_SG_recruitment
> >>.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Fae