Hoi,
From my perspective, what is relevant is that we do not want to interfere
with languages that exist in Wikitravel. It is quite likely that most of
these languages are quite good from a localisation point of view.

What makes sense if several languages are not in Wikivoyage yet, we can
extend our waiver for going through the incubator for a set period ...
something like a year or the end of 2013 ? Our point is not to hinder the
start of existing communities in a new to be created Wikivoyage instance.

All the details mentioned in this mail thread have not been considered by
the language committee but I do not believe it will be a problem by any of
its members.
Thanks,
     Gerard