Federico Leva (Nemo) skrev 2013-01-15 11:02:
Anders Wennersten, 12/01/2013 12:20:
During our discussion we evolved the concept quite a bit (special templates,
categories, messages on talk page etc).

Could you elaborate on this "evolution of the concept"? I'm not able to see what's new, from the "titles" in parentheses.

Nemo
This bot puts a template in all generated articles clearly stating it is botgenerated and text stating "/This article has been created by Lsjbot and can have language errors and/or a mildly confusing setup of illustrations. This template can be deleted after checks of content has been done/" For the botgenerated articles for birds more then half have afterward been manually reviewed. This was our major concern, that botgenerated articles must not by a reader be given the impression they are manually created.

Example
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthochitona_arragonites

The bot does a major effort translating English text, like the geographical name of the area of inhabitance for the specie. In the balance of making these translation table too big, and to skip translation when complicated, the bot now puts the complicated text on the talkpage. In the example above it is for Gulf of California. In this way the reader or the one doing the manual afterfix find the info and can make use of it.

The set of categories that all bot generated articles will have, even if and after it is manually checked/corrected, is partly for general keeping track but also to be able to initiate automatic check/corrections of a special set of botgenerated articles, if a problem/error is found some time after the generating time.

Also there are processes set up for the inspectors of the articles in order to easy report any questions, and get feedback it is been taken care of. If a backlog occurs of reported problems, the bot generation stops, until all is fixed (very few thing being reported by this stage). On sv:wp there are around 6-8 frequest contributers in the zoological area with 10-15 more infrequent contributers. These are very competent and are all supporting this effort with inspecting etc. Without the support of these the project would never have got off the ground

Anders

re the question re Xeon-cant, thanks I will forward this to Lsj. A link to Wikipecies for corresponding articles already included (of course)