Dear all,

As you know, we recently re-named the Global Development department at the
Wikimedia Foundation, as the Grantmaking and Programs department. The
Grantmaking team is committed to supporting our community and meeting our
shared goals at the different levels of contribution - whether individuals,
groups or organisations -  and we will be working with you over the next
few months to deepen our strategies for doing so, and for evaluating our
impact.

In the meantime, however, I am delighted to announce some changes to the
Grantmaking team that reflect this commitment. Siko Bouterse [1] needs no
introduction to most of you, having worked at WMF since 2011, most recently
coordinating the Fellowships program. Siko is coming on to the Grantmaking
team as Head of Individual Engagement Grants, a program that will support
individual or small team projects for online impact. This is to be launched
later today... watch out for Siko's announcement and details of the
program, coming soon to a wiki near you. Siko will also shortly be taking
on the responsibility for the Participation Support Program (which WMF and
WMDE fund together), and supporting the documentation and analysis of our
project-based grants. We are really pleased to have Siko's experience and
insights on our team.

Katy Love is new to the team, the organisation and the movement, but I have
no doubt that her experience and insights, as well, will help us be more
effective. Katy has just joined us as the Senior Program Officer for the
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) [2] with a passion for strategic and
impactful grantmaking, participatory collaborative work, and transparent
decision-making. Her background spans philanthropic activities and NGO
programs, systems, and operations. She spent the last four years at CARE
International with the Emergency Capacity Building Project, a collaboration
between six of the largest NGOs, aimed at improving humanitarian response.

Please join me in welcoming them to our team!

Warmly,
Anasuya

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:Sbouterse
[2] http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=owwHWfwp&c=qSa9VfwQ